Painting holidays Siem Reap
This unique ten day travel sketching tour of Siem Reap, Cambodia includes sketching Angkor Wat, Ta Prohm temples and the ancient city of Angkor Thom. We visit extraordinary villages, meet wonderful people and explore amazing places. Combine your holiday with travel sketching and visually record your special experiences.
Angkor Wat is 5.5 kms from Siem Riep and is a temple complex built in the early 12th century. It has been carefully restored and is an architectural masterpiece. Sketch, explore and experience the many surrounding temples. This tour takes in all that is on offer of the grand temples of Angkor. We explore selected temples with our temple guides and travel mostly in Tuk Tuks – a great way to get around.
We visit the Great Lake Tonle Sap and the Stilted village, enjoy local cuisine, country farmers markets and of course there is time to relax by the pool or shop. There is also a boat trip visiting local villages along the way.
Enjoy the culture, architecture, cuisine and ambience of Siem Riep, and capture your experiences through daily sketching excursions.
Eating out is a great treat and there is a wonderful atmosphere around the town, with superb local food and warm tropical evenings.
What is included
- Daily tuition by international artist and tutor Leonie Norton
- Airport arrival and departure transfers
- Accommodation in 4 star Hotel
- Daily breakfast and welcome & farewell dinners, plus some lunches
- Visit to unique stilted village
- Visit three temples including Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom
- Experience local artists studios
- Morning visit to local country market
- Daily sketching workshops and tuition with reviews
- Experience Siem Reap’s night life and bustling markets
- All transport, entry fees and tips
What is not included
- Travel arrangements not specified in the itinerary
- Art materials
- Travellers must have travel insurance in able to participate in the Painting Holidays
- Sightseeing not specified in the itinerary
- Drinks and meals not included in the itinerary