Painting Weekend UK
Marvellous for getting out with others in a safe environment. Recent venues have included Stapehill Gardens, many local castles, large private properties and large private gardens.
- Suitability: Suitable for all, beginners are cared for and improvers developed.
- Duration: Half day (3 hours). Whole day (6 hours plus any travelling time).
- Style: Full introduction with demonstrations and personal tuition throughout the day including watercolour or agreed medium.
- Location: Usually local, can be up to a 30 mile radius of Ferndown. Transport may be provided. For private groups the venue is flexible depending on their location.
- Cost: Please contact for personal advice and availability or book the event.
Art painting weekend Breaks
Take the opportunity to have a long weekend painting holiday to draw and paint in beautiful surroundings. Other attractions are usually nearby. We offer painting weekends at our academy or painting outside on location. Students have enough time to enjoy the location as well as producing a fair amount of artwork. Relaxing but productive, these weekends are a must for those wishing to develop their style in different surroundings with tuition on hand. Beginners may draw and paint with Jill in the chosen locations on site where she will instruct in a step-by-step method. Those with more confidence are welcome to join in with the demonstrations and tutorials and move on to their own choice of subject if they wish. Partners are welcome as locations are always chosen with non painting partners in mind. We also offer discounts to Saga members.
- Duration: We provide Friday Evening to Sunday Noon weekends. Sunday afternoon can be spent relaxing or returning home, or we run Saturday only with Sunday reserved for spending time locally, Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon (4pm) painting weekends
- Style: Local area briefing on Friday arrival. Full tuition including Demonstrations during Saturday and Sunday morning.
- Subject Matters: According to location. These weekends are not weather dependent.
- Media: Watercolour, Acrylic, Oil, Pastel, Gouache, Pen & Wash, Pen & Ink, Chinese Brush Art and Mixed Media.
- Cost: Bed and Breakfast or Half-board options are available. Transport may be provided to and from your arrival locations. Please contact us for further details.
For details of our planned Weekend Breaks over the next 12 months please contact us.
Art Painting Holidays in the UK
Why not spend a few days drawing and painting with Jill McKay in the heart of the beautiful New Forest? Other scenic places within Hampshire, Dorset and Devon are also visited, as we provide a variety of locations to capture different painting subjects and panoramic views. We are fortunate to have such a choice within this spectacular area.
Three and five day breaks available, some weekends, personal tuition throughout and suitable for all, from beginners to regular painters. There is en-suite accommodation and all meals included in a family run Hotel. Partners are welcome