Art Workshop Jobs
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA
Our ideal candidate is an artist who is a highly creative, multi-talented person who wants to be a part of a close-knit development team. This artist will create a wide variety of 3D game content using Maya and Unreal Engine 4. This person must thrive on working together with a small team which employs a rapid iteration methodology.
Every member of our team is involved in all aspects of our project’s creation. We believe that a small, focused, and dedicated team of talented people can create exceptional games.
- Create high quality 3D assets that adhere to the art direction and style established for the project, within memory and framerate budgets.
- Work with art director, department leads, concept artists, designers to plan, layout, prototype, and implement the visual designs created for the game.
- Able to work independently or in small groups to troubleshoot and provide solutions to production issues related to asset creation and world building.
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to create and implement assets within an established pipeline.
- 5 + years experience in the game industry with at least two shipped titles.
- Advanced 3D skills using Maya, 3DS Max, or XSI. Experience using 3DS Max is a plus.
- Highly proficient using Adobe Photoshop to create original textures.
- ZBrush or Mudbox experience.
- Unreal Engine experience, including terrain editing.
- Well-versed in real-time physically based shader techniques using 3D software or proprietary level editing tools.
- Quickly learn and adapt to art and production pipelines.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated individual with a willingness to continue learning.
- Strong portfolio showcasing your most recent work.
- Traditional art skills (figure drawing, landscape, animals, painting, composition, perspective, etc.).
- Experience working with outsourcing.
- Additional experience using Unreal Engine 3.0 or 4.0.
- Architectural or animation experience is a plus.